Located in the most famous rocks of Zuia, there must be something magical in this place because in the Iron Age, men had already been living in this mountain.
From Bitoriano, we come up by road (3km) to the Sanctuary of Ntra. Sra. de Oro. It is located in a high ground with panoramic views to the Zuia Valley, and in a beautiful natural environment.
The present Sanctuary was constructed in two steps: the first one around 1500 and the second one in 1560-1570. A carving of the 13th century is placed in a Baroque altarpiece of 1962. It has a choir of the Renaissance, a Gothic vault, and a belfry of the 16th century.
THE VISITOR WILL REALIZE THAT MAGIC IS IN THIS LOCATION BECAUSE THERE ARE FEW PLACES WITH A SO PRIVILEGED VIEW.
Bea Murgia Square
Picnic on wheels
The world of Druku
Gorbea Interpretation Center (Sarria)
Ethnographic Museum of Irubidaur
History and art come together in an imposing monastery, Romanesque in its origins and Gothic in later extensions.
Very close to the monastery you can see a circular settlement from the 9th century BC
Inside the chapel, the image of the Virgin, a jewel of the 13th century, stands in the top of its Barroque altarpiece.
The mass of its old Brotherhood is celebrated on the first and third Sunday of September. There is also a pilgrimage in Saint Mark, the Ascension, Easter of Pentecost, and Saint Anthony.
Close to the Sanctuary, the Fortress of Las Peñas de Oro (9th century BC) was discovered. It was occupied until the 1st century BC. Its shape was circular, such as its dwellings. It was excavated between 1960 and 1962, and lots of ceramics and metallurgy were found.